Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Looney Tune Liberal

I know it's only April 5th, but my nominee for Looney Tune Liberal of the Month is: Gerardo Sandoval, Member of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors. He wins by a landslide.

He was recently interviewed on the Fox News Channel's "Hannity & Colmes" when the following exchange occurred:

  • COLMES: Gerardo, wait a second.
    SANDOVAL: We think about the billions that we're spending in Iraq right now, if we spend it on schools. We should not...
  • COLMES: The United States should not have a military?
    SANDOVAL: That's correct.
  • COLMES: Are you kidding me?
    SANDOVAL: The United States should not have a military. All in all, we would be in much, much, much better shape.
  • COLMES: You've got to be kidding me. We should have no military, we should have no ability to defend ourselves, we should have no armed forces in this country?
    SANDOVAL: Well, we shouldn't have a military that goes abroad and starts wars.
  • COLMES: You just said we shouldn't have a military. I don't want to give -- I'm speaking out very forcefully to you, because I don't want to give the impression that Democrats hate the military or don't want a military. We may disagree with certain wars, like the ones fought now.
    SANDOVAL: No, but you said should we give up.
  • COLMES: But to say that we shouldn't have a military is absolutely absurd. It's incredible. That's a ridiculous fringe point of view.
  • HANNITY: That's exactly what I was thinking, Alan. Welcome to San Francisco.
This is without a doubt one of the silliest statements that I've ever heard a public official make. I've heard similar comments by communist academics, blonde Hollywood Bimbo's, but never by someone who actually holds public office.

Sandoval was invited back to the show again tonight and was given an opportunity to take back his previous statements, to withdraw them, to clarify his statements. He refused to do so and said that he stood by his previous statements and comments.

I guess San Francisco really is a part of what's known as "the Left Coast". Unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home