Friday, May 05, 2006

What's going on at the CIA?

I was really pleased when Porter Goss was named the Director of the CIA. I felt as if he was the tough, no nonsense sort of man that we needed to restructure the CIA, clean house and refocus the agency's mission.

Now, suddenly he's gone. I've got absolutely no proof, but my gut tells me that it may have something to do with the Mary McCarthy episode. I've got a feeling that Goss wants to "go for the juggular" in her case and make an example of her. However, some in the administration, for God only knows what reason, what to slap her on the wrist and let things fade away.

Bill Kristol, executive director of The Weekly Standard, told Fox News Channel that there had been "no rumblings” of such a departure.

"I don’t think the White House was expecting this,” Kristol said. "It comes as a total surprise. I may be overly suspicious here, but this one just has a real element of surprise and suddenness that makes me wonder if something popped in the last few days that led to this announcement.”

I don't know about you folks, but I'm concerned about the sudden departure of Goss and I'd like to know the REAL REASON that he's leaving. The nation deserves to know too. We are after all at war.

1 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger Progressive Pinhead said...

I wouldn't trust a thing you hear on Fox. An inependent study found that 68% of their stories containded bias favoring the Republicans. Next time you watch Fox and they are askung questions of one Republican and one Democratic guest notice how the Republican gets easy question and the host will go as far as arguing with the Democrat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home